Protecting Your Business or Nonprofit’s Intellectual Property
The advent of the digital age with its nearly instantaneous dissemination of information has created a plethora of financial opportunities for developers, owners, distributors, and consumers of intellectual property. With these opportunities, however, come a new set of challenges that complicate the acquisition, ownership, and exploitation of intellectual property. Sound legal advice is critical for the protection and use of these increasingly valuable assets.
The Spirer Law Firm has represented a broad array of businesses and nonprofits in the important and complex transactions and controversies affecting intellectual properties. Our firm’s capabilities are the product of decades of experience helping clients establish and maintain the value of their intellectual property assets in a variety of transactional and litigation matters.
Our approach is interdisciplinary. We use our experience in licensing, mergers, finance, entertainment, tax, communications, securitization, antitrust, and trade regulation as needed to handle the increasingly multifaceted aspects of intellectual property disputes and transactions. Please contact our office to schedule an appointment with one of our experienced lawyers.
Forms of Intellectual Property Protection
With more than 30 years of experience, our attorneys are familiar with the extensive intellectual property protections that exist throughout the United States and the world. We understand the advantages of each form of protection:
- Trademarks – We advise clients about the selection and protection of trademarks, including the creation and prosecution of applications for registration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
- Copyrights – We work with clients to obtain protection and complete the applications for copyright registration with the U.S. Copyright Office. We also are available to assist with the resolution of copyright disputes.
- Contract protection – In addition to the use of trademarks and copyrights, clients can protect their intellectual property by entering into certain contracts. We assist clients with nondisclosure agreements, noncompetition agreements, and noncircumvention agreements with employees, vendors, and customers.
- URL protection – Using the Internet is necessary in today’s society. We advise clients about URL protection and represent their interests in arbitration and other dispute resolution (ICANN) procedures.
- Trade secrets – We advise our clients about the many actions that they can take within their own establishments to maintain trade secrets and obtain the protection of trade secret laws.
Many companies today rely on their own innovation and initiative to survive. Without intellectual property protection, these companies likely would fail. We will work with you to determine which form of intellectual property protection is in your best interests and provide the experienced, cost-effective representation your business deserves. We encourage you to contact our office in Bethesda to schedule a complimentary get-acquainted meeting to discuss your company’s legal concerns.
We offer flexible scheduling at out Bethesda office and accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for our clients’ convenience.